Women in Cyber Security
One Day Session at c0c0n XII
Cyber security has become one of the hottest and fastest-growing fields in technology across the globe today. Despite the continuous growth in cyber security spending and opportunities, women’s representation in the cyber workforce remains low - even more so than in IT. This is against a backdrop of a growing skills shortage in cyber; by 2022 there could be a global deficit of 1.8 million cyber security professionals.
Cyber has a gender problem, reports states that there is an alarmingly low percentage of women holding Cyber Security positions. It is predicted that women will represent only 20 percent of the global cyber security workforce by the end of 2019. This 20 percent figure is still way too low, and we needs to continue pushing for more women in cyber.
How can we begin to bridge this gap? And move the needle in the right direction. One way is to encourage more women into cyber security; another is to offer them equal opportunity to rise to senior leadership roles. Kerala Police is committed to addressing this gender imbalance with the 12th edition of Cyber Security and Hacking Conference c0c0nXII - Women in Cyber Security.
"We aim to narrow the gender gap by spreading awareness of the various opportunities that are available to women in cyber, by addressing gender biases in the field, and by initiating a dialogue."
We are organising a 1 Day Work shop on Web Application Penetration Training at St. Teresas College, Ernakulam as a pre-conference Training Programme on 26th September 2019.
One Day Practical Hands-On Security Training
The Application Security Training is a “ OneDay Hands-On Training”. This Training is target for Women students/professionals interested in making a career in the Information Security domain. This training involves real world scenarios that every Security Professional must be well versed with. It involves decompiling, real-time analyzing and testing of the applications from security standpoint. This training covers understanding the internals of web and mobile applications, Real-time testing of web applications and android applications and a strategic approach to analyze applications for OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities (Web) security issues such as Injections, Cross Site Scripting (XSS), CSRF Attacks, Insecure API’s, Insecure logging, Insecure communication, Insufficient cryptography, Insecure authentication and Poor code quality and many more.
WHO THIS TRAINING IS FOR?
- Students interested in Application Security
- Security Analysts/Researchers
- IT Professionals working in Web Application Development domain
- IT professionals working in Information Technology-Security domain
- CFP (Call for Papers)
- Understanding of manual & automated tools and techniques and when to apply them.
- Clear understanding of the Web Application Penetration Testing
- International and national speakers/trainers are available from the c0c0n speaker list on special request
- Ability to analyze a Web Application from a Security Standpoint
- Gain confidence in customizing your Application Security Testing Approach to suit the application specific pentesting needs, by gaining clarity on the powerful features of Burp Suite Tool
- Build a clear scope to prioritize your security testing
Also there will be a 2 Hours session on Career Counselling in Cyber Security
- The session will be modelled around the scope in cyber security and what all domains are available.
- Insights on the future technologies
- What’s next?
1 Hours session on Experts Journey in Cyber Security
- Experienced professionals sharing their cyber security carrier journey
- What challenges the experts faced and what did they do differently to overcome the challenges